The Vice President, Exposition Management is responsible for the direction, production, and management of the E3 Expo. E3 is the world’s premier event for computer and video games and related products. The Vice President will be adept at shifting from the strategic to the tactical aspects of exposition management. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs, this role will collaborate with the executive management of the ESA, as well as with ESA’s member companies, vendors, and partners to drive show strategy. Strategic vision, insightful budget management, relationship-building skills, and strong negotiation skills will be key aspects of the job. This leader will engage, supervise, and motivate a matrix of stakeholders, including ESA employees, members, vendors, and partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as Executive Producer for the planning of the show experience, related programming, and overall operations.
- Serve as exposition project manager by coordinating members, vendors, and agencies across all aspects of show planning and execution.
- Engage with ESA executives and members to identify new strategic initiatives that reinforce the relevance and importance of E3.
- Work daily with E3 show management to identify and create new opportunities for members and exhibitors to increase and chart their ROI.
- Negotiate E3 contracts with vendors, the host city, and business partners in concert with ESA’s Legal Department and show management.
- Manage the ESA member working group focused on E3.
- Manage E3 budget.
- Address and resolve member and exhibitor E3 challenges.
- Manage the long-term relationships and daily communications with E3 business partners.
- Explore new opportunities for trade show design and growth; stay abreast of trade show trends.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of fifteen years of experience directing major conferences and events
- Track record in management and expansion of mature conferences
- Exposure to non-profit professional or trade association environments preferred
- Familiarity with the technology sector
- Experience producing and analyzing ROI metrics for members and vendors
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Meticulous organization/project management skills, with well-honed abilities to prioritize, plan, and execute on large projects
- Self-motivated and results driven with strategic vision
- Strong written and oral communication skills, adept in successful communication with all levels
- Budget management expertise; comfortable collaborating with finance/accounting
- Ability to develop relationships through trust and gaining the buy-in of stakeholders on key initiatives
- Professionally nimble, with ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment
ESA offers competitive salaries and bonuses, generous benefits and a commitment to life/work balance. If you believe you meet our requirements, please forward resume and cover letter for confidential review to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters should indicate your interests in conference and exposition management and your availability. Resumes without adequate information and the required skills will not be considered. No phone calls please.