Epic wants to empower families with tools that enable informed decisions about digital experiences. These controls can be set or modified via the Epic Account Portal and from within the Fortnite Parental Controls menu. Here are some of the ways Epic allows parents to set limits:
Social PermissionsThese permissions help manage a child’s online social interactions and can be applied to games owned and operated by Epic, including Fortnite, Rocket League and Fall Guys.
- Require PIN to Add Epic Friends – This setting requires a Parental Controls PIN to be entered for a child to be able to send or accept Epic friend requests.
- Epic Voice Chat Permission – This setting manages who a child can speak with using Epic voice chat and whether to allow a child to speak with Everybody, Friends & Teammates, Friends Only or Nobody.
- Epic Text Chat Permission – This setting manages who a child can speak with using Epic text chat and whether to allow a child to speak with Everybody, Friends & Teammates, Friends Only or Nobody.
Purchasing PermissionsPurchasing permissions help prevent unauthorized payments while using Epic Games payment.
- Epic Games Payment – This setting requires a Parental Controls PIN to be entered to authorize purchases using Epic Games payment.
Content & Access PermissionsThese permissions enable limits to a child’s access to new games in the Epic Games Store based on their rating and to manage which non-Epic games outside the Epic Games Store a child can sign into using their Epic Account.
- Rating System – This setting can require a Parental Controls PIN to be entered before a child can get new games in the Epic Games Store that are rated above the age limit that is set.
- Sign in with Epic – This setting can require parental consent the first time a child signs into each game or app that is not owned or operated by Epic but that supports the “Sign in with Epic” account feature.
- Mature Language – This setting can filter out mature language such as profanity in text chat. The mature language setting applies to Fortnite only.
Playtime ReportingPlaytime reports can track the amount of time played each week.
- Playtime Tracking Report – This setting can provide weekly playtime tracking reports for Fortnite.