Title: Program Specialist
Department: ESA Foundation
Reports to: Executive Director, ESA Foundation
Position type: Exempt
Effective Date: 1/12/2022
The Program Specialist for the ESA Foundation provides wide and varied project management, administrative, and organizational support for foundation programs and for the Executive Director. Efficiency, attention to detail, flexibility, and good judgment are essential in this role to ensure Foundation operations.
This position will support programs related to the mission of the Foundation. The program specialist is expected to help, produce high quality communication materials, create strong relationships with donors, organize fundraising and awareness events, and drive related initiatives that provide awareness to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts in the Video Game Industry.
- Serves as primary contact for members and stakeholders for all programs and initiatives.
- Supports the development of content for social media, newsletters, and website articles.
- Responsible for updating written and visual content for foundation digital media properties.
- Manages several projects at once; ensures that resources are allocated appropriately and coordinates different vendors and participants.
- Supports fundraising efforts, including Foundation’s participation in events.
- Duties include, but are not limited to maintaining event database, drafting/tracking sponsor correspondence, auction item procurement/fulfillment, and other tasks associated with achieving fundraising goals.
- Supports executive director in execution of administrative functions including but not limited to, creating reports, drafting partner outreach correspondence, and scheduling of foundation activities.
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills, project coordination skills, customer service, and communication.
- Understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, towards the goal of creating social impact.
- Self-starter and problem-solver with ability to anticipate and adapt to needs of a growing team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for understanding top-line strategies and priorities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete them by set deadline.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Two to five years’ experience in a professional work environment
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience (6 years)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Word and Excel.
- Exposure to online marketing, social media, video game culture, and online communities a plus
- Preferred technology skills:
- Adobe Creative Suite, familiarity with CRM platforms, PHP/HTML, and social networking
- Solid experience in foundation, corporate philanthropy, or non-profit setting, preferred
- Fundraising experience a plus
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. May be required to lift up to 20lbs. Some travel may be required.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their materials online here.