Come join one of the most exciting, dynamic organizations in the non-profit and technology worlds as an
Intellectual Property Protection and Security Analyst! The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) represents the leading U.S. publishers of video games across the nation and on the global stage and owns and operates E3, the premier trade show for video games.
ESA is seeking an Intellectual Property Protection and Security (IPPS) Analyst to assist in the development, monitoring, and execution of ESA’s domestic and international IP protection and security efforts. As an entry-level position, the Analyst engages in extensive monitoring and analysis of video game infringement on various Internet protocols and conducts investigations into methods and specific instances of IP infringement and game security threats. This position actively contributes to the development and growth of ESA’s IP protection activities.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Perform extensive online investigations on instances of video game infringement and game security threats on the Internet.
- Send takedown notices using outside online monitoring services.
- Perform quality control verification of online monitoring services conducted by vendors.
- Perform administrator and maintenance duties for the IPPS online portal including implementing updates and curating relevant information for members.
- Analyze trends in existing data and notify the IPPS team of developments.
- Identify and track non-compliant and recidivist infringing sites.
- Track ISP response behavior, including timing and action patterns.
- Assist in forensic analysis of evidence for all law enforcement investigations.
- Research, investigate, and collect evidence with respect to online sites as candidates for enforcement efforts.
Qualified candidates will offer a bachelor’s degree plus one to two years of work experience, preferably involving extensive Internet research and investigations of online infringement. ESA is seeking candidates with extensive knowledge of Internet protocols and intellectual property infringement, basic technical acumen, and a strong background and interest in computer and Internet technology, video game hardware technology, and computer and video game software. Candidates should also have conversational ability in a second language such as Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, or Chinese.
Offices are located in Washington, DC, near the Gallery Place/Chinatown and Mt. Vernon Square/Convention Center Metro stations. ESA offers competitive salaries and bonuses, generous benefits, and a commitment to work/life balance.
To submit your resume and cover letter, click here.
ESA is not currently sponsoring work visas or transfers, including OPT or H1-B. Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens eligible for application. ESA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at email@example.com or contact 202-232-1765.