Come join one of the most exciting, dynamic organizations in the non-profit and technology worlds! The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) represents the leading U.S. publishers of video games across the nation and on the global stage and owns and operates E3, the premier trade show for video games.
ESA is seeking a Director of Human Resources and Administration to be the primary driver of the company’s HR vision and work closely with senior leadership to build, implement, improve and manage all the functional areas of human resources that support our business goals and growth. This includes managing policies, programs and services that ensure legal compliance and increase the engagement and retention of our employees. The Director of Human Resources and Administration reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for all areas of Human Resources for ESA, ESRB (NYC), and ESA Foundation.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to secure and retain a superior workforce.
- Identify and monitor the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the organization’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Manage compensation system, including the salary and variable pay structure, pay and title parity, budget adherence, and research to establish pay practices and bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Manage the organization’s HRIS/Payroll systems.
- Maintain an in-house employee training system that addresses the organization’s training needs, including assessing employee training needs, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, skills training, and the measurement of training impact.
- Lead the organization’s compliance with all existing governmental and labor requirements, including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, and so forth to minimize company exposure to legal or regulatory actions.
- Develop, manage and adhere to the HR & Administration budget.
- Responsible for workplace safety, security and emergency preparedness.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field plus 10-15 years’ experience in Human Resource and benefits management, including leadership positions. Certifications in HR field or evidence of continued education is preferred. ESA is seeking candidates with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and a high level of discernment.
ESA’s offices are located in Washington, DC, near the Gallery Place/Chinatown and Mt. Vernon Square/Convention Center Metro stations. ESA offers competitive salaries and bonuses, generous benefits, and a commitment to work/life balance.
To submit your resume and cover letter, follow the job link below:
ESA is not currently sponsoring work visas or transfers, including OPT or H1-B. Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens eligible for application. ESA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at email@example.com or contact 202/232-1765.