The ESA is seeking a Coordinator of the Legal, Regulatory & Policy team to support the operations of the team. First, the role coordinates the department’s meetings and events and assists the team with meeting planning, research, writing, and other projects. Second, the role assists the General Counsel with administrative tasks, including scheduling, arranging travel, submitting expense reports, and managing departmental invoices. Third, the role assists the Associate General Counsel with reviewing contracts, tracking compliance requirements, and making corporate filings. The allocation of time for this role is coordination and administrative tasks (70%) / contracts and compliance tasks (30%).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate Legal department meetings and events, including conferences, CLEs, and team meetings
- Coordinate and contribute to Legal Department newsletter submissions, presentations and other documents as requested
- Assist with coordination of board report submissions
- Provide research and writing support as needed
- Manage scheduling, travel arrangements, and expense reporting for the General Counsel
- Manage travel arrangements and expense reporting for the AGC
- Process outside counsel and other vendor payments for the Legal department
- Assist with tracking of Department budget and expenses.
- Monitor corporate compliance requirements and make necessary filings
- Prepare, organize, and maintain filing system for all legal records and board materials
- Assist with contract management, including proofreading, coordinating approvals of, and maintaining contracts in support of the AGC and in partnership with internal business teams
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time, including effectively managing time and prioritizing tasks
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and problem solve with minimal direction
- Ability to manage complex scheduling for the SVP & General Counsel and the legal team more broadly
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with all levels of staff in the organization, counsel and senior executive outside the organization
- Strong writing, proofreading, and issue-spotting skills
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Strong proficiency with general office software and computer functions and ability to perform research, including the use of the Internet and legal research sites
Education and Experience:
- BA, BS, or equivalent certification
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience, preferably in corporate, nonprofit, or policy-based environment
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. May be required to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
How to Apply:
To submit your resume and cover letter, follow the job link below:
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Sandra Armenta, Director of HR at [email protected] or (301) 529-7097.
The ESA is not currently sponsoring work visas or transfers, including OPT or H1-B. Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens eligible for application.
About the Entertainment Software Association (ESA):
The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) serves as the voice and advocate for the U.S. video game industry. Its members are the innovators, creators, publishers, and business leaders that are reimagining entertainment and transforming how we interact, learn, connect, and play. The ESA works to expand and protect the dynamic marketplace for video games through innovative and engaging initiatives that showcase the positive impact of video games on people, culture, and the economy.
With offices located in Washington, DC, near the Gallery Place/Chinatown and Mt. Vernon Square/Convention Center Metro stations, the ESA offers competitive salaries and bonuses, generous benefits, and a commitment to work/life balance. Remote work with voluntary office access during COVID quarantine.
The ESA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.