The ESA seeks a Coordinator of the Communications & Public Affairs team to support the operations of a highly-collaborative, team-focused department. First, the role coordinates the department’s meetings and events and assists the team with meeting planning and event support, including the coordination of member-facing events and monthly workshops with the Public Relations Group (PRWG); research; writing; media tasks management; membership management; reporting; and other tasks. Second, the role provides executive assistance and support to the Senior Vice President, including all scheduling, arranging travel, submitting expense reports, and managing departmental invoices. Third, the role will provide Travel and Expense (T&E) support to the department’s leadership team (SVP, Direct Reports).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate CPA department meetings and events, including conferences, PRWG workshops, and team meetings
- Coordinate and contribute to CPA reporting, presentations and other documents as requested
- Assist with coordination of board report submissions and scheduling of meetings for department
- Provide research, reporting and writing support as needed
- Maintain subscription services and tools for department including query and reporting in support of department
- Responsible for daily media clips and distribution of report to ESA staff and members
- Responsible for maintaining and coordinating department calendar of events and tracking documents
- Other coordination tasks as needed.
- Manage scheduling, travel arrangements, and expense reporting for the Senior Vice President
- Assist in travel arrangements, and expense reporting for the Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs and Director, Industry Affairs
- Manage scheduling for department level meetings
- Maintain notes and meeting summary/memos for department meetings
- Process agency and vendor contracts and payments for department
- Assist with tracking of Department budget and expenses.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time, including effectively managing time & prioritizing tasks
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and problem solve with minimal direction
- Ability to manage complex scheduling for the SVP and CPA team more broadly
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with all levels of staff in the organization, at member companies, and at other association partners
- Strong writing, proofreading, and issue-spotting skills
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Strong technical skills and proficiency with general office software and computer functions
- Ability to perform research, including the use of the Internet and research sites
Education and Experience:
- BA, BS, or equivalent certification
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience, preferably in corporate, nonprofit, or policy-based environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. May be required to lift up to 15 pounds at times.