The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) is the U.S. association exclusively dedicated to serving the business and public affairs needs of companies that publish computer and video games for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers, and the Internet. The Association represents these industry leaders across the nation and on the global stage. ESA offers a wide range of services to its members, including a global content protection program, business and consumer research, government relations and intellectual property protection efforts. ESA also owns and operates E3, the premier global trade show for video games and related products.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and General Counsel, the Contracts Manager and Legal Coordinator will be responsible for contract and compliance related tasks as well administrative tasks for the legal department. The Contracts Manager and Legal Coordinator will assist with reviewing contracts, tracking state and federal corporate compliance requirements, and making corporate filings. This role will also be responsible for processing invoices, submitting expense reports, scheduling meetings, and arranging travel. The allocation of time for this role is Contracts Manager/Compliance 75% and Legal Coordinator 25%.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with contract review and preparation, including comparing, proofreading, revising, and maintaining contracts in support of Associate General Counsel and in partnership with internal business teams.
- Monitor federal and state compliance requirements and make necessary filings (corporate and lobbying/ethics).
- Compile staff and board report submissions for legal department.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain filing system for all legal records and board materials.
- Assist with ad hoc assignments, including online research.
- Draft and send correspondence.
- Coordinate legal department meetings and events, including conferences, CLEs, and other meetings.
- Process outside counsel and other vendor payments for legal department.
- Manage travel arrangements and expenses for General Counsel.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve using sound business judgment and analytical skills with minimal direction
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with all levels of staff and counsel, both inside and outside the organization
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Ability to perform research, including the use of the Internet and legal research sites
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience
- Strong proficiency with general office software and computer functions
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Understanding of legal concepts and the legal industry
- Contract management and compliance experience
- Experience in corporate, nonprofit, or law firm environment
If you believe you meet our requirements, please submit your resume and cover letter here.
ESA is not currently sponsoring work visas or transfers, including OPT or H1-B. Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens eligible for application. ESA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at email@example.com or contact 202/232-1765.