The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) is the U.S. association exclusively dedicated to serving the business and public affairs needs of companies that publish computer and video games for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers, and the Internet. The Association represents these industry leaders across the nation and on the global stage. ESA offers a wide range of services to its members, including a global content protection program, business and consumer research, government relations and intellectual property protection efforts. ESA also owns and operates E3, the premier global trade show for video games and related products.
The Contracts and Policy Coordinator, reporting to the Senior Vice President and General Counsel, provides mission-critical support to the Legal department in several respects. The Coordinator assists the Associate General Counsel with reviewing contracts, tracking compliance requirements, and making corporate filings. This role also assists the policy team with research, writing, reports, and other projects, and coordinates the department’s meetings and events. In addition, the Coordinator assists the General Counsel with administrative tasks, including arranging travel, submitting expense reports, and managing departmental invoices. The allocation of time for this role is contracts and compliance tasks (50%) / coordination and administrative tasks (50%).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with contract review and management, including comparing, proofreading, revising, and maintaining contracts in support of Associate General Counsel and in partnership with internal business teams.
- Monitor compliance requirements and make necessary filings.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain filing system for all legal records and board materials.
- Coordinate and contribute to staff and board report submissions for Legal department.
- Provide research and writing support as requested by members of the policy team.
- Coordinate Legal department meetings and events, including conferences, CLEs, and team meetings.
- Manage scheduling, travel arrangements, and expenses for General Counsel.
- Process outside counsel and other vendor payments for Legal department.
- Other duties as needed.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience
- Strong proficiency with general office software and computer functions, and ability to perform research, including the use of the Internet and legal research sites
- Contracts management and/or compliance experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong writing, proofreading, and issue-spotting skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve using sound business judgment and analytical skills with minimal direction
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with all levels of staff and counsel, both inside and outside the organization
- Strong relationship-building skills
ESA offers competitive salaries and bonuses, generous benefits and a commitment to life/work balance. If you believe you meet our requirements, please forward resume and cover letter for confidential review to email@example.com. Cover letters should indicate qualifications for the role and your availability. Resumes without adequate information and the required skills will not be considered. No phone calls please.