The Administrative Coordinator serves as an integral member of the operations team to support staff and the operations department on office management and a wide range of administrative tasks. This position reports to the Manager, Operations & HR and is often the first impression of the organization to external parties, including guests and vendors.
The Administrative Coordinator screens and responds to inquiries and complaints via the organization’s main phone line, email and in-person staff; interprets and creates spreadsheets, reports, and forms; drafts and prepares written material; researches and collects data; facilitates the scheduling of meetings or events; monitors, tracks, orders and restocks office supplies; coordinates the ongoing purchase of employee perks, i.e. weekly fruit, snacks and birthday or anniversary gifts; plays an active role in administrative cost management; processes and files vendor invoicing; coordinates all incoming and outgoing mail, packages and fax; maintains a high standard of aesthetic and cleanliness of the office; coordinates equipment and appliance maintenance with vendors; supports setup and breakdown of event-related tasks; maintains working knowledge of audio and visual equipment, keeps informed of video game industry trends and news, and is a proficient user of video game consoles.
This role will be expected to work out of our D.C. office 5 days a week. This role can spend prolonged hours standing, walking or sitting at a desk and will be required to lift and move objects that are 40 pounds or less.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt assistance to inquiries from employees, vendors or guests
- Answers and screens company phone and email
- Drafts or edits and distributes staff communications
- Uses scheduling tools to coordinate meetings or events
- Manages daily setup of video game console and TV setup in common areas
- Assists Human Resources in keeping records and organizational documents up to date
- Collects and prepares reports as assigned for vendor negotiations, trends and initiative evaluation
- Pays and files vendor invoicing
- Adheres to administrative budget as directed
- Coordinates the upkeep of office equipment and appliances with vendors
- Performs day-to-day cleaning and restocking of office equipment and supplies
Title: Administrative Coordinator Department: Operations
Reports to: Manager, Operations & HR Effective Date: September 1, 2021
- Actively monitors and maintains office cleanliness
- Reports and tracks facility and office related issues
- Assists in the preparation, setup and breakdown of office events, including moving office furniture
- Supports department in expense management and reporting
- Works closely with IT department on employee on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Collaborates with departments or employees at all levels on assigned projects
- Coordinates employee recognition program communications and purchases
- Purchases office supplies and snacks
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities under COVID-19:
- Assists with office contact-tracing protocols
- Assists with sourcing, purchasing and stocking of protective equipment and supplies for employees
- Assists with the re-introduction of teleworking employees into an office setting
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Agility with computers and office equipment
- Excellent organizational and prioritization
- Basic project management with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with people at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with Outlook, Word and Excel
- Independently motivated and ability to work with limited supervision
Other Required Skills/Abilities:
- Proficient at using video game consoles
- Passion for video games
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in HR or Communications is required. Two years of administrative experience is preferred.
How to Apply:
To submit your resume and cover letter, follow the job link below:
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Sandra Armenta, Director of HR at [email protected] or (301) 529-7097.
The ESA is not currently sponsoring work visas or transfers, including OPT or H1-B. Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens eligible for application.
About the Entertainment Software Association (ESA):
The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) serves as the voice and advocate for the U.S. video game industry. Its members are the innovators, creators, publishers, and business leaders that are reimagining entertainment and transforming how we interact, learn, connect, and play. The ESA works to expand and protect the dynamic marketplace for video games through innovative and engaging initiatives that showcase the positive impact of video games on people, culture, and the economy.
With offices located in Washington, DC, near the Gallery Place/Chinatown and Mt. Vernon Square/Convention Center Metro stations, the ESA offers competitive salaries and bonuses, generous benefits, and a commitment to work/life balance. Remote work with voluntary office access during COVID quarantine.
The ESA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.